• Structure and properties of textile materials.
• Textile biotechnology, enzyme and biopolymer applications to fibres.
• Development and application of elastic filaments.
• Design and construction of prototypes of new yarn, fabric and non-woven fabric structures for fashion, domestic, technical and smart technology uses.
• Use of microcapsules in the spinning process (with perfumes, medicines, cohesive materials, lubricants, wetting agents, photostabilizers and other products that give the materials specific properties).
• Innovations in the processes of spinning, bleaching, dyeing and finishing.
• Optimization and evaluation of detergents and the application of surfactants and polymers to textiles.
• Construction of textile machinery and measuring and control equipment.
• Analysis of fibres, yarns, fabrics and non-woven fabric structures. Official reports on defects.